What to do with all those pictures from a trip? I figure this is as good a place as any to send them.
This might look like a basic demolition picture to you. To me, it looks like the site of my first paying photography assignment over 40 years ago. Sad, but a reality of today’s newspaper business.
We drove two hours in the rain to get to the Georgia Guidestones. It was cold and continued to rain. The car was trashed from all the mud I picked up walking around these monoliths. All in all, a pretty miserable day. Yet, it was well worth all the cold and rain to see these.
This is written on each of these in several languages.
- MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE
- GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY – IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY
- UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING NEW LANGUAGE
- RULE PASSION – FAITH – TRADITION – AND ALL THINGS WITH TEMPERED REASON
- PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS
- LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES IN A WORLD COURT
- AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS OFFICIALS
- BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH SOCIAL DUTIES
- PRIZE TRUTH – BEAUTY – LOVE- SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE
- BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH – LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE – LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE